HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. © All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Catching up over Lunch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Senzo Ookami

PostSubject: Catching up over Lunch   Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:28 am

It had been a slow morning for sure, the sun seemed to drag across the sky as it lifted up above. Senzo had woken up a bit late this day, and he now walked through Seikogakure contemplating what to do next. His aunt, and also teacher, was out of town for the time being, so training with her wasn't an option. He could always do some solo training, but felt like he'd just be going through the motions. Perhaps a mission would do him good. It had been a while since he last took a mission, and it was probably a good time for him to get back into proper work.

The walk to the mission board was pleasant, the sun high in the sky now but it wasn't too hot to make the trip uncomfortable, even geared up. Senzo wasn't sure what kind of mission he wanted to take, figuring he would leave it up to whatever mission he could grab. Before he could reach the board though, he noticed a familiar face nearby. It wasn't hard to remember her, mind you, as there aren't many Chuunin, especially ones who partner up with a dog. Senzo waved his arm, trying to get her attention. It'd been a while since he saw her last, and was wondering how she was doing.

Back to top Go down
Hagane Inuzuka

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 am

Hagane had just finished checking in at the village’s front gate after taking part in a lengthy away mission. She let out a content sigh as she walked down the familiar streets with her companion Kotetsu at her side. He walked with his head held high and an extra spring in his step. His fondness towards the village was almost equal to her own. Though it may not have been their original home, the residents here have made it feel like so. This is something that the pair will always be grateful for.

“Great to be back home, right Kotetsu?” Hagane beamed as they moved through the busy street. “It was fun, but I’m glad that mission is finally over…” Kotetsu woofed twice in agreement. “Nice thinking with the raccoons and the tightrope, by the way. Plans like that are why I keep your mangy hide around.” She said, sticking her tongue out and playfully ruffling the blue fur on the top of his head. Kotetsu let out a low, unamused growl. He then flipped his head up and lightly nipped her hand in response. “OUCH! Okay, geeze. It’s not mangy… You do need a bath though.”

As they passed the mission board on the way to their building, out of the corner of her eye she noticed a man waving in her general direction. “Do we know him...?” she said, pausing to ask her companion. Kotetsu let out a single bark in response, which was generally taken as a ‘Yes’. She squinted her eyes. From this distance she couldn’t make out all the man’s features. Recognizing that her eyes weren’t going to help her out, she instead lifted her head and sniffed at the air. In situations like this, she often let her powerful nose do all the thinking for her. “Sweat… Iron… And a smidge of hair grease…” She paused to process this information for a moment. Her lips then curled into a huge goofy grin before charging towards the man. “SENZO!!!”

Her smile grew even bigger (if possible) as she rushed up to hug her old friend. “Where the hell have you been? We don’t see each other anymore!” She said, frowning and crossing her arms in faux anger.

Back to top Go down
Senzo Ookami

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 am

Senzo was glad that he had got her attention, and was only slightly surprised to be embraced in a hug. Responding with his own hug, though shorter and slightly more awkward, he smiled. "Yes, it has been quite a while, Hagane," Senzo nodded in agreement. He kneeled down to Kotetsu and grinned to him, "keeping her out of trouble I hope?" Standing back up, he shrugged his shoulder, getting back to her first question. "I've been in the city for the most part. Training, a few missions. You are the one who is always away on work," he said, though laughed soon after.

Looking up to the sunlight, Senzo decided that he was going to give up on his thoughts for a mission right now. With Hagane around, it'd be nice to catch up and chat with someone, maybe hear about what she has been up to. "It's around noon, have you eaten yet? Want to go get some lunch?" Turning back towards where he had come, Senzo figured they could go back to his house to eat. "My mother got a good deal on some fish the other day and we still have plenty, so I figure some kind of stir fry might be simple enough."

Back to top Go down
Hagane Inuzuka

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Kotetsu woofed once more in response to Senzo’s question. A small smile began to creep across his lips before he shook his head and returned to his stoic demeanor. “Yeah, you know I wouldn’t even be able to make it out of my own house if it wasn’t for this guy.” Hagane said, speaking up for him while giving his head a light petting. She smiled again as she noticed the canine’s long tail was still subconsciously wagging behind him. Despite Hagane and Kotetsu seeing themselves as equals, it was uncommon for the average man to acknowledge him as more than just a pet. Because of this, he tended to lap up any attention he could get from a third party. It’s surprisingly uncharacteristic for his generally serious personality, but it’s an understandable quirk.

“Ah! I guess that’s true! Sorry, sorry...” Hagane exclaimed while scratching the back of her head. “I can’t really help it though. As much as I love this village, I hate being cooped up for too long.” She said, shrugging her shoulders. “Sometimes, you just gotta stretch your legs and run for awhile, y’know?” She sighs, smiling once again. “But I can never stay away for too long...” Her eyes then grew wide as Senzo’s offer danced through her ears. “Are you kidding? A home-cooked meal sounds amazing! I was just planning on eating whatever mystery meat is left in my cupboard at home! What are we doing? Let’s go already!!” She said before briskly walking away in a random direction, leaving Kotetsu at Senzo’s side.

It took her a few seconds too long before she realized what she’d done, and turned around to walk back towards the mission board. “...Which way is your house again?”

Back to top Go down
Senzo Ookami

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:04 am

Senzo listened and smiled as Hagane talked, happy to have run into the pair when he wasn't sure what to do. Before he could take a step though, Hagane darted off, leaving Senzo and Kotetsu watching with raised eyebrows until she caught on, returning to where they stood. "I live this way," he pointed out with an open hand before laughing and starting on the walk to his home. The walk was short enough, idle chit-chat filling the air in the now busy street as the three of them made their way to the Ookami household. Opening the front door, Senzo stepped inside and motioned for his friends to come inside.

"My mother is out right now, so it will just be us three for lunch," he explained as he led them to the dinner room adjacent to the kitchen. "It's nice to have someone over to eat for once. Usually we don't have guests over." Rummaging through the cupboards, Senzo started to dig out pans and utensils, along with the food he would need for the stir fry, including some of the fish. Sliding off his jacket and then sheath, he set Oath up against the far wall and hung his jacket on the handle before turning back to his cooking.

"So, Hagane, Kotetsu, how has your training been coming along? Still a skilled combination, I'd assume?" Even when relaxing and enjoying a rare day of rest, Senzo's mind is still on either work or training.

Back to top Go down
Hagane Inuzuka

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Hagane and Kotetsu eagerly crossed the threshold to enter Senzo’s modest home. It was probably one of the most traditional buildings left in Seikogakure. Her eyes darted around the room, taking in the sights of the old oriental nick-nacks and furniture that adorned the place as she listened to her old friend speak. “That’s a shame about your mom. I was really looking forward to seeing her again.” she said as she found her way to the dining room table. She leaned up against the edge of it while propping herself up with her palms, so that she could continue facing Senzo’s back while they talked. Kotetsu silently shook his head at his companion’s lack of manners as he walked past them both. He instead opted to sit on the floor, far removed from the cooking area so that he could observe without being in the way.

Really? Not that many guests? Weird, I always took you as the wild, party type!“ She sarcastically remarked with a grin on her face. “As for training, our last mission didn’t involve much combat unfortunately.” She said. “However, there WAS a wombat... Aaand about forty monkeys, but that part was boring.” She added, her eyes still occasionally glancing around the room and silently admiring the furniture around her. “But fear not, traveler!" She spoke up again, deepening her voice to a faux, ‘important’ sounding tone. “The adventures of Seikogakure’s Wild Child and her Canine Companion are never ending!” she bellowed, before giggling to herself and temporarily turning her attention to her partner. “Isn’t that right, Kotetsu?” She asked with a large grin, returning to her regular voice.

Kotetsu barked in response to the what was likely some bad inside joke between the two. Hagane giggled once more before shifting her attention back to Senzo. “How about you? I see that you’re still lugging around that ridiculously over-sized sword.” She said, pointing with her thumb to the large weapon propped up against the wall. “Why not trade that thing in for a nice katana, or a chakra blade? Y’know, something functional?”

Back to top Go down
Senzo Ookami

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 pm

As he had everything sitting out and ready, he began to chop vegetables while listening to Hagane tell him about her work. While it seemed her last mission was like on combat, it sounded interesting at the very least. He grinned as she took on a dramatic voice to announce that her story was still continuing. 'Seikogakure's Wild Child' was an appropriate moniker, just even for her personality, though it was her combat skills that she got that title for. Senzo moved on to gutting the fish as he started the oven and got the pan warmed for the food already cut and waiting to be cooked. As he was busy moving about, slicing and dicing, sniffing spices and putting dashes of things together in an attempt to get something worth eating, he glanced over to Hagane as she questioned his sword.

"Lugging my sword around is half the fun," he joked, going back to his cooking. "Seriously though, it was a gift from my Aunt, so it has some great emotional value to it." Dumping the mixture of chopped food into the pan, Senzo gave it a quick mix before turning to his guest. "Besides, it is still perfectly functional if you know how to use it. Works better then a regular Katana for my needs." With a little smile, he went back to where he had placed his sword, tossing the jacket onto a chair and holding it handle first to Hagane, sheath still attached. "The best part about this sword is the fact it won't come back to bite me like a regular sword."

"I'd love to see the Wild Child lift my Oath like any old blade."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching up over Lunch   

Back to top Go down

Catching up over Lunch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1