HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

The boss checks in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 am

This is between The Doctor and Shiru Hozuki. Social setting, no chakra or jutsu limits. Anything goes, however this topic is closed to everyone other than Koto and myself.

--------------------------------------------

The Doctor sat at the cafe in the hidden village, rather annoyed with her situation. She was supposed to meet her second in command here and while there was still twenty minutes before the meeting, it bothered her immensely that she had to spend her time checking in on her subordinates. It had been nearly five months since the last update and it did not bode well for their operations if something had come up to set things back. Sipping her tea and outwardly looking like nothing more than a kind little grandmother, The Doctor kept observing the building and its occupants. She had ordered they meet here before walking to the base of operations together as a security precaution. It never hurt to be a bit paranoid, especially with some of the people that wanted to hurt her. As the clock ticked to five minutes left, she prepared to leave. If he was not there within sixty seconds of their meeting time, she was leaving and assuming he had been compromised somehow. It seemed excessive, but being her right hand, he knew so many things about their plans that it was foolish not to be paranoid.

Iyasu Nagano
Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 am

"Well what do you mean you can't give it to me raw?!" The man would yell, leaning forward to address the street vendor angrily to his face. Tightly gritting his teeth, Shiru would begin angrily groaning as nearby passerbys began to scurry away from the two, attempting to avoid the situation. "Sir, you have to understand... We can't serve raw food. That's just unhealthy." Was given in response, professionally presented in a manner which would seem rational to anyone besides the Hozuki. Instead this outrage would only fuel the fire within his stomach, which demanded meat before a meeting with his superior. Glancing downward at a small antique watch on the opponents hands, Shiru would give a faint sigh of defeat, knowing that he was nearly late for the meeting with Baba. Without much of a choice, he allowed his hand to fall flat on the side of the cart, limply tapping his fingers against it's chrome edges as he thought to himself. "Well there seems... Then... There's only one thing I can do..." With his head leaning down, small bits of his mohawk would drop enough to obscure his eyes, allowing him to quickly analyze his target as the contender took a gulp, debating himself rather to ask or not. "This is mine!" Shiru would let out in an excited shriek, tearing the lid from the bin where the pork had been situated, and quickly swiping several pieces out without another moment to waste.

To further add fuel to the fire of the situation, he would give a hard kick towards the stand and send it toppling over onto the seller behind it, using it as a way to incapacitate any chance of being chased down. Jerking to the side, Shiru would take off in a flaky run as he drew his knees nearly to his chest. Stuffing all of the meat in his mouth at once, a slight blush would form over his cheeks, corresponding with a very wide grin and squinted eyes from his successful purchase as droplets of blood ran down his chin. It was nearly a minute until meeting time, with him only a block away. It was too be assumed that he would need to finish his meal soon as he ferociously chewed the tough meat. Coming near the door of the tea shop, a young man would have just exited, leaving the door open for a moment, and giving Shiru a chance to slip in as the elderly lady began to rise from the table. With his mouth still stuffed, he would shout through his tightly sealed lips "Grandma!" though hardly understandable. Using the advantage of his Hydrification Technique, he would simply swallow the remainder of the meat and create a large budge around his neck as the food was forced down, much like a snake. "It's soo nice to see you grandma! Is it time for us to go look at some nice new dresses?" He'd tease, giving a slight wink as he created an opening for them to leave.

Koto Eikoku, Founder of the Hidden Steam
Kotonaru Uchiha of the Sidestep
Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 am

The Doctor had just begun standing up, fifty seconds remaining before she would resign herself to putting a bounty on her Lieutenant's head, when she heard him shout out. She had noticed him running towards the shop, and by his actions could assume he had somehow managed to get himself into trouble... The thrice damned boy should know better than to draw attention to himself of any sort, though to be fair it was his face in the Bingo Books of most ANBU across the land. It was his job after all to be the face for the organization so that she could remain hidden in his shadow, pulling strings where necessary.

Retaining her composure and cover though, The Doctor stepped forward. "Oh sweetie, I was just preparing to leave, I thought you'd forgotten about me again. It's so nice to see you. Yes, let's go see if we can't find me a nice new dress." She would continue on in this strain as she offered her arm to the younger looking ninja and they left the establishment. At first she maintained her cover, but once she was confident that no one was watching too closely or following, she spoke in a very low tone that only Shiru could hear.

"What in all six hells was with that ruckus you were causing when you raced up to our meeting? Have I not explained time and again that your job is not to draw unwarranted attention? If an ANBU happened to catch wind of that, you'd be run out of this village and I'd have to do your job for you." Her voice was sharp and was known to send shivers down spines and inspire fear in hearts. However she knew it'd make no difference on this boy, as his mind was undoubtedly wandering elsewhere.

Iyasu Nagano
Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am

Having now entered a secluded location for the elderly lady to release her wrath, Shiru would quickly release her arm feeling the tension building. As he voice sharply cut into him, he would lean as far away as possible with a slightly tensed grin, pretending as if he was about to be beaten. As she began to pester on minor details of Anbu somehow catching on, he would doze off a bit and draw his hand to the lowered zipper of his coat, lightly moving it up and down the vertical path as it created a sort of humming tune. Lowering his eyebrows a bit, he would glance upward to the slightly blurred clouds high above which erased all essence of sunlight for a short moment. "Nobody would have figured out who I was. I just look like a hungry kid. 'Sides..." Drawing away from his moment of passiveness, he would widen his eyes in excitement as he looked down to her. "I need you to visit the shop! You see, there's an issue... The true reason I haven't been to see you!" Bending his knees slightly, he would lower into a crouch with a slight nod and press himself closer to the elderly lady, cupping his hand to the side so that nobody could see his lips. It was an act that could be described as nothing short of bold, as only he had the nerve to get soo friendly with the cynical grandmother. "Rioshi-san threatened to put up a different name of the store if I left the shop... I mean... Right now it's unnamed... Because we're working out the 'differences'... But he's probably already nailing up that ghastly title! Near the end of his whisper he would draw upward and curl his fingers into his lips, looking from side to side with a petrified gaze. "We have to hurry! Grandma, the coats won't be on clearance for long!" He'd exclaim, going back to their cover as if anybody would doubt otherwise.

Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:46 am

As she'd expected, the boy didn't seem to be bothered by how serious the situation really was. However once he mentioned that there was an issue, she perked up, her anger forgotten. She stopped walking as he bent his knees, though they were in an alleyway with no one around, so it felt like a pointless gesture. However she did lean in, concerned with what could be such a major issue that he had been out of touch for so long. Her eyes darted quickly around as well, just to make sure the deserted alley remained that way. Most people she would never allow this close, but given how long she'd known this boy... She was willing to take the risk.

However once he explained that the problem was the name of the shop and then leapt up shouting about coats for a nonexistent audience, her temper flared. Before he could have a chance to move, the feeble looking woman lashed a fist out, aiming for his chest, right below his left collarbone. Unless he would somehow avoid it, the power behind her fist would undoubtedly blow a hole right through him. Regardless of the outcome, she would begin yelling. "THE STORE NAME?!?! THE STORE NAME!? THAT IS WHY YOU HAVEN'T CONTACTED ME IN SO LONG?" Controlling herself again before she let out anything else though, she turned her back to the boy, seething and muttering under her breath.

Iyasu Nagano
Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:06 am

Having pulled away from the red haired woman, he would proudly direct their attention to a hunt for coats, placing his hands against his waist as he pressed his chest out and looked forth to the exit of the alleyway, to numerous civilians passing the opening without a single notice to the two. Breaking through the barrier of chattering which echoed throughout the alleyway, water would splatter abruptly against the wall behind him, followed by a strange numbing feeling around the center of his chest. Looking down in agony, he would step back and begin drawing water from the surrounding areas of his body as she angrily scolded his reasoning, likely not seeing the importance of the matter in the same light that he had. "Shh, shh! Somebody will hear us! Now you will see when we get there... He wants to name our tavern "The Midnight Pony", what type of name is that? It's as if he's begging for all of our customers to have such a long face..." With his body still reforming, he would take the opportunity of the liquidizing effect to slide the edges of his lips down and emphasize the frown.

"My tavern will be a wonderful place! A trade of secrets, and flair! Nobody wants to be a midnight pony! We need something romantic! I was thinking... Now I want you to just give me a chance here..." Once again calming himself, he would lower his voice to the point that the lady could hardly here. "I say we name it..." Before he could finish, he would tightly lock his lips, bringing his finger tips to the frilly strands which hung from the front of his scarf. "I guess it's not important right now, is it? Well, we ought to get going." Bringing himself back up, Shiru would turn and begin walking back towards the opening at the end of the alley. With each step, his hard stomp would echo carelessly throughout the corridor, forcing nearby mice to scatter with shrieks of terror. It could only be a miracle that the grandmother had put up with this young man, though in secret his was skilled at his duties. Moving into the open views of the surrounding world, Shiru would shuffle with quick and sly steps around the pedestrians. Confident in his followers ability to keep up, he would squander no haste, and simply continue on.

After a few minutes of shuffling through the busy streets of the Ironworks, he would find himself at the entrance of a rather grim looking entry way, which dropped down a few steps to a small brick road which led to the shinobi district in which most of the important figures consorted. It was in this area that the elderly lady would need to be most careful, as numerous anbu hid themselves in underground bases monitoring the city at all times.

Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:14 am

Biting back a long string of curses that The Doctor would like to direct at the boy, she ignored his pun and her only reply to him starting to lead up to what he wanted to name the business was a stony glare. Finally, still silent, she followed him through the city, until they reached the location. Her paranoia kept her in the act of a kind grandmother again. However once they reached the entrance to the next district, where their business was to be run. It was a dangerous gamble, no doubt, to put it in an area with so many shinobi. However she was sure that the boy had his reasons.

"Do not draw attention to us," was her only piece of advice before she prepared herself to follow him again, on alert in case something were to happen. It was this fact that led her to noticing the two hooded figures following them as they travelled through the district. Hissing a quiet warning to her companion, The Doctor prepared herself in case they were stopped. She hoped, however, the two fellows following would be foolish enough to follow them into the tavern's building, once they got there... Assuming Shiru didn't do something stupid that caused them to act sooner.

Iyasu Nagano
Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Shuffling through the crowd it would be entirely discernible that the duo were being followed. With several odd glances from shinobi around the Hozuki, he could conclude where they were. In a situation such as this, it would be easily recognizable why he was chosen to lead the organization in the spotlight, instead of the old hag. Now carefully choosing his path, he would begin veering slightly away from the beeline that lead to his shop, and instead towards a large grate which was in the middle of the road for drainage. He couldn't help but draw a grin to himself, cutting a small indention against the side of his cheek as he began to chuckle. His hand remained limply laid to his chest, caressing the fibers of his auburn scarf blissfully. Lightly swinging his other hand from side to side, he would extend the index finger and begin gathering a small portion of liquid against the very tip, enough to make a single unnoticed drop. As he drew his hand far behind himself with exaggeration, the droplet would be slung backwards, narrowly missing the passing shinobi.

With the seed of his success released, both hands would gracefully sling themselves over his shoulder to grip the trimmings of his hood. It would likely be apparent to the following anbu that something was about to happen, as nobody ever conspicuously put their hood on for no good reason. Though this was only a trick to obscure his true intention. Dropping his bare foot hard against the cold metal of the streets grate, he would begin lose color throughout his legs, becoming numbed by a skill which allowed him to turn himself into a movable water source. Leaning his head forward, he would slightly duck to hide the appearance of his jacket also being consumed by this devout Kekkei Genkai. Within seconds the cold iron bars would have slid themselves through most of his body, running without damage through his torso, and neck. His elbows tucked tightly in together against his chest, holding his hands briefly above his head so he could materialize just below the grate. As he did so, his fingers would catch the very tops of the bars, and allow him to remain suspended below the grate, just barely hanging on. In the distance, numerous anbu would push nearby shinobi to to the side, glaring bewilderingly through the pitched holes of their mask as they attempted to locate the target. One Anbu would have found himself close to the location of Shiru, with his beige coat shifting right above a small, skillfully placed bead of water which began to pulse with life.

It was unclear at this point where the true leader of their organization had went off to, but at the moment it was not important. Instead Shiru had focused entirely on their pursuers, turning the tables as the hunters became the prey. The small droplet began to rapidly produce more liquid from itself, squirming violently as a head formed before the Anbu. It was of course noticeable now as he looked down, gasping behind the lion of his disguise, but he had no chance to counter. The liquid violently drew itself up, materializing an arm which had already withdrew a kunai from itself. Before anyone could even respond or comprehend what was happening, the clone drove the kunai directly into the crotch of the anbu. Crimson began to soak through the cream of his cloak, climbing with great speed through the fibers as his knees grew weak. He would gargle in pain as he attempted to call for help, but nobody was paying attention. The Hozuki's clone would release the kunai and lean against the anbu from below, hoisting his shoulder against the opening crease which was aligned in the center of the shinobi's chest, and sliding itself into the cloak. Breaking itself down as a liquid once again, it would maneuver its fingers behind the clasp of the mans head, and undo the mask, as well as lift the arms of the cloak up so that the dying anbu could fall through the cloak, limply rolling from the bottom skirt of it as the clone conformed itself to fit inside, moving it's arms into place through the sleeve, and then quickly reconnecting the clasp so that the mask would remain in place. It was a marvelous plan, one which would likely reassure his master of his promising skills. With a now instigated need for a fight, the cloaked clone would draw both its hands together before it, and flow through three hand seals. From behind him a young girl would see the bleeding corpse of an disrobed anbu, and scream in terror as she looked up towards the back of the clone. It was perfect for the moment, as it seemed everybody turned to face the man. From all crevices of the nearby buildings, a harsh white mist would began to spew out, whistling violently from the pressure of the buildings plates. Anbu within the area had leapt to the occasion, rushing towards the imposter as they readied hand seals, rushing into a field of mist which completely obscured their vision. Moving away from his previous location, the clone would find himself pressed against a nearby wall, waiting to be attacked as he allowed for his leader to either join in the fight, or continue on safely to their meeting spot.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The boss checks in   

Back to top Go down

The boss checks in
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1