HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Just Dropping This here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DieSuperFly
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Just Dropping This here   Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Probably not my place to say, but it seems the number one plot idea this place always has is "Reboot" and it never really works. If you want to get activity back up and get things rolling, you need to make something creative and exciting for your members. Reboots usually cause people to leave because they believe their hard work has gone to waste, or their time was not well spent.

There are three plot types you can obviously go for that would most likely help:

1. Organization of PC (or NPC) characters after a common goal. Of course this is the most redundant and lackluster of all, and has been done before so I'd stay against it.

2. A large common threat in the shape of an old reborn clan, civilization, lost village, etc. With this, you get abit of creativity behind you. You can make a hostile village/clan/ whole civilization with custom beliefs, religions, technology and weaponry; and make them with a goal that easily threatens the rest of your nations. Of course you'll need NPC mods to maintain, create the technology they use and their back story, and even their leader; but if you're creative people will obviously look forward to it. It's fun to fight player vs player, sure, but sometimes things get more interesting when enemies are forced to work together to topple a common threat. This is probably your best bet.

3. Roaming Biijuu/Demons on a rampage and causing natural disasters such as Earthquakes, storms, etc. It's more of a "keep our people safe" scheme against powerful beasts, but all in all, it's just another excuse for someone to become a jinchuuriki which will end up pretty lackluster in the end.

Whatever the case, I would not advise limiting people to canon clans only, as alot of people enjoy having their own creations, not creations already made and mapped out for them. And EVERYTHING canon being legal just has bad idea written all over it for obvious reasons at this point.

Two cents stored. I don't plan on rping but I felt obliged to offer something.
Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 pm

I greatly appreciate your input, and am glad to see you are as concerned for the site as I am, to make sure it all works out.

As for your suggestions, I'm glad to say we've already worked those out. My biggest counterpoint to your comment regarding the reboot is that, frankly, we don't have many members to worry about at this point. I don't want to scare off our current members of course, but I also need to make sure that the site is welcoming of new members.

For our reboot, people will actually be given a chance to boost their characters from their current level (I intend to be generous to people who already have characters, by giving an increase in rank, a few free jutsu, an extra SC, or who knows what else) because of the timeskip. So while they may lose a little history, my goal is to persuade them to accept this change by treating them to a little bit extra in its place.

I will be having a strong plot villain running around as well, for the exact reasons you stated. It allows for interesting chances to cause mayhem and also forces the villages that are here to decide between siding with each other, or taking them on alone. (Hint, it'll be a lot easier together) This creates tension and drama as well as gives plenty of behind the scenes discussion for in-world events that will give rewards.

As for your third point, it is likely that this will be added in not too long after the new systems and world. I certainly would LOVE to see the Bijuu added (The main problem previously was that we didn't have anyone strong enough to actually seal/use the Bijuu) and relish the challenge of maintaining them. Another addition I hope to see is the Seven Swords, or a like grouping. Other powerful objects will be getting released every two or so months, for villages and individuals to compete over which provides even more fuel for the fire.

Again, I do thank you for the input and I hope my responses put your concerns to rest. If you have anything else to throw at me, I'd be happy to address them as well.

Back to top Go down
Iris
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 pm

The reboot is going to bring back some small time old memebrs though gen, and i think this is what essay was trying to say. On ingoo, when you see reboot, it means your char is "gone" and now you have to start all over. when instead you should of course allow everyone to have their old char back. but then they lost the mad amounts of jutsu, weapons, etc are now gone and their work was for nothing. that is what he was tyring to get across i do believe.

but like essay, two cents

Maruchi, Hikari

[00:20:42] @ Iris : SICK TO MY MOTHER FUCKING TUMMY BITCH MUST THINK IM A MUTHA FUCKING DUMMY BC I DRESS BUMMY BITCH THINK IM BROKE BITCH I ATE ONE ROACH AND I MADE A LOTTA MONEY
[00:20:52] Parasite : .
[00:21:01] @ Blaine : Quite
[00:21:05] * Blaine sips tea

[01:03:43] Iris joined the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
[01:03:46] @ Blaine : Like gayer than 8 guys fucking 9 guys
[01:03:49] Iris has logged off the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:56 pm

I can say that, from what little Gen has told me, the reboot will be for the better and this is one of those "Leaps of Faith" that we're just going to have to ride out. I mean seriously, it ain't exactly going to make anything worse even if it blows up in our faces. We're not even crawling along at this point, so who gives a shit if we lose a finger or two as the cost of doing business.

Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Perhaps "reboot" isn't the right word. Technically it is a rewind and then timeskip, all at once. People will lose minimal progress, but seeing as the majority of our members that we have now aren't ones who are tied as strongly to our previous plot, I hope they will be ok with this. No one will be required to remake their characters (Though everyone will be asked to update their character histories. Again, certain rewards will be given to people for this inconvenience though.)

And Lof, in my opinion, does have a valid point. No one has posted a RP interaction in well over a month. So me injecting the corpse with unknown substances is unlikely to cause it any more harm.

Back to top Go down
Iris
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 pm

very true, and a valid point lys has given. i think that doing this will be a better step forward then the site just dying. give it a go and i will be sure to pop in a maybe take part in the rp.

Maruchi, Hikari

[00:20:42] @ Iris : SICK TO MY MOTHER FUCKING TUMMY BITCH MUST THINK IM A MUTHA FUCKING DUMMY BC I DRESS BUMMY BITCH THINK IM BROKE BITCH I ATE ONE ROACH AND I MADE A LOTTA MONEY
[00:20:52] Parasite : .
[00:21:01] @ Blaine : Quite
[00:21:05] * Blaine sips tea

[01:03:43] Iris joined the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
[01:03:46] @ Blaine : Like gayer than 8 guys fucking 9 guys
[01:03:49] Iris has logged off the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 am

Its a rarity when I agree with Lysander, but I agree that this is business and people will be happy just to see NR running again with the chance of bringing back old characters.

Work Attire:

Casual Attire:

Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 pm

It's not that rare.
Back to top Go down
Dengen
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 pm

REWIND and Time-skipp NOW!!! lol

**Cough**Cough*Bring Back Hidden Villages*Cough**Cough**
Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:31 am

Villages will in fact be a component of the new site. I'm hoping to do two villages, a criminal organization, a roaming group that will be structured similar to a village, and add some detail to the rest of the world as well. Hopefully clans will sort themselves out properly at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:48 pm

time frame?

Work Attire:

Casual Attire:

Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 am

Ideally? By next Saturday. I have something happening this weekend, so that is what will lead to most of the delay.

However all times are tentative.

Back to top Go down
DieSuperFly
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Since you're starting new, do you think making an organization as the "big bad guys" is the best move? That's just a rehash of something that's been done time and time again. This is your chance to be creative. Since this revamp/reboot/ w/e is so fresh, take advantage of it. Don't go right back to the old pony show that goes for a month or two and then people get tired of it. Just some input from personal experience.
Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:33 am

I appreciate the input, SA. Do you have any suggestions as to what you feel would work well? Criminal organizations are a bit cliche yes, but cliches are made cliches because they're used to often, and they're used that often because they're widely applicable. Perhaps I'm just not very creative, but a criminal organization allows villages someone to unite against and gives plot options to cause mayhem when things get too slow.

That's my stance at least.

Back to top Go down
DieSuperFly
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:16 am

Refer to option 2 I listed in my original post for ideas. Having a third party threat doesn't necessarily mean you need to cop out on an Organization, such as Akatsuki, as the threat. You've got nothing but room and opportunity to make something truly unique to pit against the players of your RPG. Though it appears you've already come up with a plot so this is most likely moot now. Was just offering some advice. Cliches become cliches because they are overused to the point of just being the same old pony show. Being called a cliche isn't a good thing, and you should want to keep far away from that as possible.
Back to top Go down
Souren Senju
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm

It may be a bit (Very) late for me to say this, but one of the reasons people have given up on Ingoo is because it has always been so incredibly trigger happy on rebooting everything and starting fresh. I don't know exactly how long I have been gone, but when I checked in to see how the site was doing, every single time, there seemed to have been a new staff, a new admin, a new site layout and people claiming things had changed for the better. But as one of the people that has been in Akusai, Akatsuki and other kinds of crap, the whole criminal Organization thing just sounds tiring. When people hear "Organization folks are coming our way", it inspires people to just leave, just to stay clear of waves of bitching and complaining and possibly losing their character against someone they can't ever beat. Whether you guys can make it work here or not, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Just giving my input for all it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Ah. I know what you're saying Souren. I've seen it happen here alot too, which is why I am actually planning to do it a bit different with the group. While there will always be the main goal of 'power' for the antagonist, we're playing it a bit safe. You see right now it's beginning off as a sort of diplomatic thing. I'm going to be owning districts in each village, and using that as a sort of income, and work around that for a bit. We're not just a large group of the most powerful people. - Another example is that one of the kages is my bestfriend/arch enemy in a way. We will constantly be in competition with each other, and basically have the Mu/Mizukage complex of loving to fight, but always on the same level. It's why I designed my character not to be a complete OP character as a leader, but rather just... Well, pretty average.

I mean, of course the group will have other activities going on, but they won't be the sort that inspire senseless slaughtering of our members, if that gives in reassurance.
Back to top Go down
DieSuperFly
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:31 pm

The whole rivalry thing sounds fun for you, but where does everyone else come in?
Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Simply put, we're trying to provide options for people to create and pursue personal plots. There is of course the diplomatic situation between the two villages, the tribe, and the criminal organization but it isn't meant to be any sort of all out war just yet. Although once we have some members running around and doing their thing, I fully intend to incite some escalations between them.

However the problem I see with trying to create any sort of major conflicts off the bat is that you have the initial burst of people joining their side of choice, but once one side starts to get a lead, everyone rushes to them because they don't want to be on the losing side. So for the beginning, I'll be trying to help people with their personal plots, goals, and quests as well as be releasing public items that will create competition.

Souren, I guess Koto addressed your concerns just as well as I could have, if not better, but if you have any more or any questions then feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm keeping an open mind, especially since the new administration is partially new blood. Perhaps us old timers are stuck in our ways.

Work Attire:

Casual Attire:

Back to top Go down
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Stephanie wrote:
I'm keeping an open mind, especially since the new administration is partially new blood. Perhaps us old timers are stuck in our ways.
Change scares most people. It presents the chance for the unknown to happen. Many people feel that what has worked before will work again and they're often right. However at a certain point some things that are old become stagnant and begin to rot. It is hard to let go of your old arm, even if it means you'll get this shiny new one.

I hope that the current progress though will help alleviate people's concerns. I don't specifically have a big reputation here, but I sure look forward to seeing what people think of me as things continue changing, and as they (Hopefully!) are brought back to where they belong. At the top.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Dropping This here   

Back to top Go down

Just Dropping This here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1