HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

The journey to neutral lands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Alex~
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: The journey to neutral lands   Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Traveling was one of the things Gin enjoyed most about being a wanderer. Though sometimes he missed his old home, Kitai, this was more because of the people that were there than the city itself. Gin did not feel lonely though, the solitude of the wilderness did not bother him in the least, it made clear thinking that much easier. This wasn't even a factor though as recently, Gin had made a new friend. The man's name was Light and he was a Hyuuga. After their meeting at a pond in the forest Light treated Gin to a very delicious lunch at a nearby inn. After a very engaging conversation, Light invited Gin to travel with him and the rest was history. It was certainly quite odd, traveling with a Hyuuga. Back in Kitai, the Uchiha and Hyuuga were never on good terms, this was a rivalry that went back generations. Light however was quite interesting to be around and he did not seem to harbor any animosity towards Gin.

Currently, the two men were traveling west along the coast line, headed toward the western edge of the continent. Their final destination was an island a ways off the coast where an international chuunin exams was to be held. Light and Gin were not participating of course as they had long passed that rank, instead they were going as proctors, hired by the organizers of the exam because of their experience and neutrality. There was supposed to be a fishing village at the western edge of the continent where they would hire a boat to get to the island. At the pace they had been going at for the past while, Gin estimated that it would be less than an hour before they reached the village, if the map was anything to go by.

Gin Uchiha

Back to top Go down
Light
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am

Light would allow a soft sigh to slide across his lips as he would stretch his hands to the sky. "So you say we've got an hour by foot to go before we reach the boat yard?" A soft shrug would form at his shoulders as he would continue to walk. Light had never been the one to like reading maps, unless he was planning something and with nothing intentionally in mind he had no purpose for even glancing at the map, so he would leave most of the navigations to Gin. Besides Gin seemed to have a fairly good hand on things and had already saved them time with a few suggestions he had made earlier. It would have been Light's luck that they ran into each other when they did.

Light had been traveling back from his trip to the sand village, although he did not find the person he had been looking for, there were plans to return there soon. He couldn't give up just yet. There were so many questions that needed answer, and the only person that could possible answer those questions was lost somewhere in that village amongst all of the civilians and ninjas that called that village home. Light would softly look at the watch as he would make a note to Gin. "Hey it's been about five hours since out last break. Is there any near by towns along this route that may have a descent ramen shop or something." Before the statement had been completed his stomach had made a loud growling sound that even Gin could not deny hearing.

Although it was Light's fault for not eating at the last shop they stopped at this morning. Light couldn't help but not to eat, as the shop smell of vomit and urine. There was just no way Light could even think to stomach a single bite of food from that place. A soft sigh would fall across the lips of Light once more as he checked his pockets for a piece of candy that he had started snacking on a while ago. Light's back would fall against the base of a tree as he pulled out what was enough for at least two bites. He would break it and half before eating one piece and hold the other half out to Gin. "You know you want it. It wasn't like you was to thrilled about the only shop and that last village either."

Light Hyuuga the Hands of Death
Back to top Go down
~Alex~
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm

The two men travelled in relative silence, both wanting to reach their destination as quickly as possible. To their right, waves could be heard crashing against a rocky shore and the smell of salt was quite prominent in the air."Hey it's been about five hours since out last break. Is there any near by towns along this route that may have a descent ramen shop or something." said Light, who was trailing slightly behind Gin off to the right. While he was speaking, a loud grumble echoed out from what could only be Light's stomach. Gin immediately burst out laughing as Lights hunger was his own fault because they stopped in a town several hour ago and Light refused to eat at the only restaurant available, saying that the place was far too disgusting. As they stopped briefly Light pulled out some candy that he had left over and broke it in two, offering Gin one "You know you want it. It wasn't like you was to thrilled about the only shop and that last village either."

"True" Gin said as he took the delicacy from Light "But I'm not the one who's hungry am I?" Gin chuckled as he continued walking."Cmon, it's not that far again. Maybe you can get some fish or something up there before we hire a boat."

(Short, sorry. My brain refuses to give me words lol.)

Gin Uchiha

Back to top Go down
Light
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm

A soft sigh would pout off of Light's lips as he would here his stomach growl once more before nodding his head and pushing forward. "I hope you know that I hate fish and if I pass out you're going to be the one to have to carry me.... Stupid smelly fish....grrr." Light would allow his feet to softly shuffle over the ground as their approach to the sea grew near. The smell of salt water filled the air and a gentle breeze of sorts softly made it way up to the path that they were traveling. "It's been a while since I've seen the sea, it almost something that makes you want to stop and stare." Light would become lost in the thoughts of visiting the beach back when he use to live and Katia. "Sad enough, I think I kind of miss that sad place." His words would be short and close to silent as he continued to keep moving his pace slowly beginning to pick up as the shore came closer and closer into view.

Once they got to the clearing, Light would take the time to hike down a small path that had be worn down by lots of foot traffic. He could tell that this was quite a popular place among the locals. He could tell why, it was a sight of beauty in it's own right. The tan colored sand, the teal green sea with a coat of blue polish, the bright sun bouncing off the water, and the wonderful sound of peace bursting through the air. A soft smile would form across the lips of Light as he would softly bend down and drag his fingers through the sand. "We've got to stop by here on our way back... home." Light would softly paused as he would stand up and look over to Gin, his words had died out softly as the truth slowly started to fill up his mind that he didn't have a home to call his own. "Hey, you know what? Now that I'm thinking about it, where am I going back to? Besides to find who I am looking for in the sand village, I don't really have a place to call home. The city I grew up in was destroyed some time ago and I quite haven't settle down since."

Light allowed his feet to kick over the sand as bad memories filled his mind. He was considered a wanderer for a reason now. He had no home and no place to return to. There was no one looking for him and besides the time he was spending searching out his revenge, he had nothing else. Light would slowly push back up the path as he would walk by Gin and tilt his head. "Come on we've got places to go and things we've got to do. Besides I just relieved how much I hate the beach and the sea. It reminds me of the smell of fish and sheep." Light's eyes would lower as he would debate his next few steps as it would seem there were a few present issues that would need to be taken care of his was going to survive this world, and it would start with finding a place to call home.

Back to top Go down
~Alex~
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 pm

"I hope you know that I hate fish and if I pass out you're going to be the one to have to carry me.... Stupid smelly fish....grrr." light said with a sigh. "Well, I hope you know that when I get tired of carrying you you'll be getting dragged along the ground." Gin retorted, chuckling as the words left his mouth. They continued along the path for several more minutes, taking a small detour to visit a secluded beach that had been cut off by the rocks; accessible through a footpath that had been cut through the forest by all the locals. It was a truly beautiful sight to behold and they surely would have stayed to take it in more if they didn't have places to be.

Several minutes later they had arrived at their destination. A quaint fishing village situated right on the coastline. "Well, here we are. Looks like there's a few stores here so you go look for something to eat before you keel over. I'll get us a boat. " Gin then left Light to his search for food, walking in the direction of the jetti where he could see a man sitting next to a boat. Hopefully he could hire them a ride to Asatoku for a reasonable price within the hour, Gin was itching to see what lay in store there. After talking to the boatsman for sometime and going through alot of negotiation and haggling, the man agreed to ferry them across. After letting him know that they were waiting on his companion to arrive before departing, Gin got into the boat and made himself comfortable; never having been on a boat before, Gin was interested to see how this would go

[Exit]

Gin Uchiha

Back to top Go down
Light
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 am

Light would agree to get the food. It would only take him entering three shops to find a place worth finding food. Once the food was obtained he would walk down to the pier where it would seem that Gin had obtained a boat to make the journey across the water. Light would begin to snack on one of the egg rolls that he had bought as he would walk down the pier. "Thank you sir for being so kind to allow us to use your services." Light quickly climbed on the boat as he tossed the bag of food to gin. And sat down at the edge of the boat and leaned back. The boat owner would quickly undo the boat and push them off. Light would allow a soft sigh to cross his lips as he reached down into the bag and pulled out another two egg rolls and a can of tea. He'd begin to sip the warm drink as he sat up and looked at the water.

The man that owned the boat would begin to sing a little tune, as he pushed to boat across the water. Light had never heard the tune before and found it quite interesting. He allowed his mind to mentally sing along as he continued to eat. It'd seem that Gin had hit his spot of comfort on the water, and why shouldn't he the waters were calm and the sun was shinning bright and the birds were singing. It was a perfect day to make the journey, although the future was still heavy on his mind, he'd deal with it when it came, for now he'd just enjoy their three hour long boat ride and snack on the food they had. The boat would hit land, and Light would thank the boatman and Gin for paying as he picked up his bag of trash and hopped off the boat. He quickly walked down the pier and looked at the long path a head. "Well it looks like we've made and it's about time to get ready to go work."

[Exit]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The journey to neutral lands   

Back to top Go down

The journey to neutral lands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1