HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. © All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Other options for ranking up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GenShinigami
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:15 am

So, VlaD mentioned an idea that I rather like.  Right now, there are only a few ways to rank up.

1) PAC.  This is fine and all, but it's OOC and having your guy magically become stronger without IC reason feels a bit funny to me.  But we should still keep it.  It rewards those who RP a lot and well.
2) Exams.  Be them Chuunin or Jounin exams, these are limited entirely to the government leader to host, and rely on everyone in them posting in the same thread.  Can be a serious time drag.  But at least it's IC and feels a bit more realistic.
3) Quest.  I've heard it is possible to do a particular mission or quest to rank up.  Haven't seen any myself, but ok, sure, make sense.
4) Single person exam.  This is an exam put on for one person, and resembles the quest option very closely.  Basically, the government leader assigns a particular job and if it is completed satisfactorily, you get the rank up.  It's also a good feeling of doing something IC to earn it.

Now, with those being the only options, it largely comes down to knowing the right person IC and OOC to get it, or just posting a hell of a lot.  But none of these really acknowledge OOC RP and writing skills.  So I have an idea or three for other options to rank up.

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.:

Bingo was his name-o:

OOC Rewards:

Just give us rules on it.:

That's my two sense.  (Yes.  Sense.  I say sense in this case.  Bugger off.)

Back to top Go down
Koto
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 am

I'll just make this short and sweet xD
Genin do need a better way to rank up. - If a genin kills a Jounin, they should be Chuunin; they kill Chuunin, they should be given a quest to become one themselves. - There should also be quest to allow Chuunin to become A-rank, but with more difficulty to increase activity. Maybe they'd need to do 3 A-rank missions alone, and have a minimum amount of activity set before they were given an exam, pitted against another Jounin. - How well they fought would determine their rank, not just win or lose.

As for A-Srank, I say PAC would suffice. We don't need to have too many powerful ninja.
Back to top Go down
Iris
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 am

so i skimmed this

the mr bond one, no

bingo was his name just is like hey i like what youre doing so rank up, and i have mixed feelings on

OOC contest, we do that already, duh

the rules you talked about,  i placed in a spoiler

Iris' guide to getting S rank:

oh and the best advice i can give

stop 

being

so

damn

thirsty

Maruchi, Hikari

[00:20:42] @ Iris : SICK TO MY MOTHER FUCKING TUMMY BITCH MUST THINK IM A MUTHA FUCKING DUMMY BC I DRESS BUMMY BITCH THINK IM BROKE BITCH I ATE ONE ROACH AND I MADE A LOTTA MONEY
[00:20:52] Parasite : .
[00:21:01] @ Blaine : Quite
[00:21:05] * Blaine sips tea

[01:03:43] Iris joined the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
[01:03:46] @ Blaine : Like gayer than 8 guys fucking 9 guys
[01:03:49] Iris has logged off the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Just rank up through PAC and exams, god damn. If more people get S ranks that just means I get more PAC for killing them.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 pm

In my opinion you shouldn't be S rank if you aren't willing to work for it. With that being said, I do think we can make it easier for genin to rank up to chuunin, and I'll look into that. But we don't be doing rank ups based off of kills.

Work Attire:

Casual Attire:

Back to top Go down
Elendril
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Genin have it pretty easy to rank up. And Pac is not just OOC if you do a lot of topics you get pac and 500 pac is not that hard to get if you do a lot of topics. On top of that if you talk to your government official and get more Genin you would have a way better chance of having a Chuunin exam. As far as Missions and single exams those are more for higher ranks like for Chuunin to become Jounin. But if you wanted one ask your leader.
Back to top Go down
~Alex~
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm

I actually agree with the second point you made about Criminals. It's a neat idea in my opinion as it encourages criminals to be, well, criminals. Instead of just being able to say you're evil.

Gin Uchiha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other options for ranking up   

Back to top Go down

Other options for ranking up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1