HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. © All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Loam of Entwining Mushrooms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adashino

PostSubject: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Adashino arrived to the area of destination, soon after night fall. Darkness had completely befallen the land, though it did not matter much regardless, seeing at the massive mushroom casted a constant shadow throughout the region. Using Byakugan, he scouted the land easily, peering through threes, and into the dens of animals around and below him. The forest seemed at peace, currently, with nothing moving around. - A sweet mesmerizing scent which was closest to honey filled the air, which seemed to be pouring off of the basin of a nearby waterfall. Breaking his concentration, Adashino turned back towards the shinobi which would land near him, and give him a few moments to look over the land himself, as he expected him to do.

Adashino: "We're close now. - I'm surprised we made it in such time, I hope you're ready... To meet my father."

With a heavy sigh, Adashino allowed his shoulders to droop, looking towards the ground. He hadn't spoken with his father much since he was promoted with Jounin, though he had secretly visited his step-mother to see how he was doing. The thought of seeing him again worried Adashino slightly.

(Alright, next post will be a nice lengthy one ;D I promise! And it will make up for your wait lol. Been aggravated how difficult it is to post decently while traveling, though you seem to be doing a great job.)
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 pm

[OOC: You are also doing very well. The waiting hasn't been bad, i'm laid back when I post anyways. Yeah, posting while traveling is a pain. The last few posts have been very tough to write, this one included.]

In the dark of night Takeshi felt completely at home. The empty black being replaced by shades of gray and blue, the blue being the chakra levels of nearby living beings. He continued to follow the largest of those chakra sources, Adashino, to their eventual destination, the home of his parents. Soon his other senses were overwhelmed with this new environment they seemed to be entering, as a massive mushroom arose in the forest they were occupying. He landed silently next to his fellow Hyuuga, his hair and clothing still in perfect position, despite the long travel he was sure to maintain his appearance. He looked over the landscape with his all seeing eyes, and then turned to Adashino.

“I am ready.” Was all he said. Although, he did notice Adashino’s body posture change slightly., most notably his drop of the shoulders. Something seemed odd about this Hyuuga and his relationship to his family. Maybe this meeting would be more eventful than he anticipated.

Link to Character, Hyuuga Takeshi

“The overman (übermensch)...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment. ”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:07 am

The eerie silence would seem to play tricks on the minds of most people, as not even a trace of wind could be felt. - To the normal eye, everything here would be completely blacked out, the massive looming mushrooms creating a barrier from all light, while also making it the perfect habitat for wildlife, which seemed stiff in the night. Adashino's Byakugan traced over the chakra signatures in the area, quickly making a perfect description of the landscape in his head, as it zoomed out. - Off in the distance, Adashino picked up on a near humanoid chakra signature, which seemed to be crouched down, and as his Byakugan fixed on it, he could make out what appeared to be a normal person, cutting leaves off of a small fruit-bearing plant. - Behind him, was the anticipated surprise for Übermensch, Hattori Hyuuga.

Übermensch: "I am ready."

With a heaping sigh, Adashino dropped his head and gave a limp look toward the ground, his eye lids drooping slightly as he imagined all of the possibilities that could arise from the encounter, though it was for his new friend, so he decided to take the responsibility. - With a slight need for procrastination, Adashino would tap the toe of his shoe on the moist earth, and dig into it, giving him a moment to regain his composure, before he pushes off, performing a basic body flicker to the location of his father.

The bushes would let out a loud roar which broke the silence, as Adashino appeared before the crouched man; immediately, he would fall back, clammering to the feet of the tall and elegant Hattori. - Adashino's father gave him a look, not actually a full scowl, or smile, but simply a pursued peer. - Most of the man's dark brown hair had been combed back behind his ear, hanging easily to his waist, as most tradition Hyuuga would have done, though his time in the woods had slightly broken his neatness, and added in a few thick strands of hair which would hang near his eyes. - He was wearing the average Flak jacket shinobi would on a high rank mission, with long and baggy black sleeves which hung above the wrist, allowing more free movement for his style. -

As the other shinobi would enter the group, Hattori's strange look would soften, to a more concerned nature, though as he spoke, his harsh tone would contrast it greatly, with it's way of nearly demanding authority.

Hattori: "I'm graced to see another Hyuuga, though, neither of you have the need to be here. Nor do I believe you possess the aptitude for what is in these woods. Especially you, Adashino, without the Heavenly Spin, you're a walking weakness of the Byakugan's principality. To think you could even find me out here, is a taunt on my ability as a shinobi.."
Adashino: "... My friend, Übermensch, wanted to meet you. - He's never had the.... Enjoyment... of a Hyuuga family."

Adashino tried his best to stay respectful as his father cut him down, much as he always had when it came to the techniques involved with Byakugan. - At their feet, the researcher would also feel the tension of the father and son, and recompose himself, going back to what he was doing.

(Not as lengthy as I'd hoped, I won't lie xD but gives you a dynamic to work with, instead.)
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 am

This new landscape was unlike anything that Takeshi had seen before. The mushrooms seemed to sprout out of the earth like trees, large enough to seemingly provide shelter for even the largest of animals. Only the occasional sound of one of the numerous forest animals echoed in the night, penetrating the silence. He looked over the landscape shortly after confirming his intent to meet the elder Hyuuga. Zooming across the landscape in the grayscale world he came across another shinobi, which Adashino suddenly appeared next too. So, this was their target.

In a flash Takeshi vanished and appeared next to the father and his son, as well as the near invisible researcher, who clearly took back seat in this momentous occasion. It was the first meeting of the Hyuuga that Takeshi was lucky enough to be a part of. He examined the elder Hyuuga and then Adashino, the difference between the two was remarkable. From an outsider’s perspective of this threesome they would most likely think that Takeshi and the elder were father and son with Adashino being the outsider in the group. Adashino’s father resembled Takeshi amazingly, from his hair, eyes and skin even to his dress to some extent, he definitely looked much more gentlemanly than his son, despite his angry demeanor. Takeshi listened to the older man’s tirade; he sensed some anger and disappointment from the father towards his son, a feeling that wasn’t lost on the researcher who quickly attempted to resume his work.

The look in the father’s eyes wasn’t lost to Takeshi either, from the moment that he appeared at the scene the man’s facial expression seemed to loosen. Almost as if he enjoyed seeing him more than his own son. The bonds that connected the Hyuuga clan as a family had always been strained, but the ones holding this particular family unit seemed to be all but broken. It seemed obvious to Takeshi despite only seeing these people’s reactions for a few moments.

“I apologize for the intrusion. I was not aware we were interrupting.” Takeshi apologized gracefully as he bowed to his elder. It wasn’t his intention to become a burden to the very people he respected most, his kin.

“But I assure you sir, with my eyes I am more than capable of handling whatever evil this forest holds. That is the power of the Byakugan. Its divinity is unquestionable, its power unparalleled.”
Takeshi preached his nindo with utmost confidence to this elder Hyuuga. Without moving he focused on Adashi for a moment, reflecting on what his father had said.

Is it true he never mastered one of the most crucial components of the Hyuuga fighting style? It seemed like a piece of information that was not only dangerous to know in the wrong hands, but even embarrassing to other who have mastered the Hyuuga fighting style.

“For compensation for our untimely intrusion into your mission, I am more than willing to offer you my services so I may assist to the best of my abilities, miser… “ He paused, awaiting an answer from the man.

“The overman (übermensch)...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment. ”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Adashino: "You don't know what either of us our capable of handling! You incompetent fu-"

Just as Adashino had attempted to finish his vulgar slander towards his father, Hattori had quickly reacted, his arms unfolding at the same time as he swung them to their correct side, in a manner which would backhand Adashino twice. - Reacting on note of his father, Adashino brought both his hands up to the side, displaying his increased perception of body motion, and blocking his fathers slaps with the the upper portion of his fore-arm. In this moment, Adashino couldn't help but give away his enjoyment of ruining his fathers intentions, as a wide grin spread over his face, and he stepped away, clasping his fingers behind his head in a cocky, but laid back manner.

Hattori: "I must apologize for my son's rudeness, Hyuuga. - But my remark was not meant as an insult, only a truth. - I do not require assistance to guard a man as he cuts roots, so this moment is yours for now. - What is your name?

With his lips pressed outward some, in a childish manner, Adashino glanced over towards the other Hyuuga, expecting even more of a surprise. For him, being extremely polite was a sign of sucking up, and weakness. He had never actually met a person of his age, with the political manners of his father and other clan elders. In a strange way, Adashino could almost see how much alike the two were in appearance, Hattori and Übermensch.

Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:55 pm

In a flash Takeshi seemed to be transported back to his childhood as Hattori’s hands seemed to move in slow motion towards the face of his new comrade. In those moments he remembered those slaps from his “family” that he had purposely neglected to tell Adashino about. He was snapped back into reality as the elder’s hands were deflected at the last moment by the younger. Although his face didn’t show it, an inner sigh was present in his mind. Standing up for himself wasn’t an option during the time when he was beaten.

Observing the two family members seemed to be something along the lines of a soap opera. It didn’t require his all seeing eyes to tell that there was bad blood between the father and son. The father’s attitude seemed to reveal that he already considered Takeshi more of a son than his actual blood relative.

“I am Übermensch, and hail the Land of Lightning.” He answered using his alias once again as his bowed, an action that he surely was getting on Adashino’s nerves; It wasn’t hard to tell he wasn’t one for formality. This time he even answered including his land of origin, an even more formal acknowledgement of respect in the presence of a clear elder and superior when it came to knowledge of the Byakugan.

“My curiosity in our liniage drives my… rude actions sometimes. It was not my intention to disturb you, I merely wanted to learn more of our talent from someone wiser.” Takeshi explained his reasoning for tracking down the man on his mission. He smiled gently, his eyes still flowing with the power of his Byakugan. Although he was confidant in his own power, there was always room for improvement, and in fact a necessity for it if he wanted to achieve his goal in this new world.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:22 am

(I'll keep it short and brief, since you've been waiting over 7 hours e.e Sorry, had no clue you posted.)

As Takeshi had revealed his intentions to Hattori, he had seemed a bit taken back. Not by the young man's will to learn, but by his former village. - It was rather rare to meet anyone in todays age who would of remembered the old countries, nor someone of Hyuuga Linage.

"You're Byakugan should now be developed to cover most of the range around us. - Tell me... Do you know how to use the Heavenly Rotation? Or perhaps, can you use any clan techniques? I'd be rather surprised, seeing as... Well... You're too eager to meet another Hyuuga family, you must not of had one of your own. Am I correct?"

(Sorry, my friends mom is making us watch a movie. I'm not particularly busy, but it's hard to post, and this covers the main idea of what I was going to do. I feel terrible xD Forgive me, Uber.)
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:59 am

The man’s insight was spot on about Takeshi’s family. Then again, the signs weren’t very hard to read. His eagerness to find his kin was sure to be noticed at some point, although Takeshi didn’t expect the man to question him so bluntly, even going as far as to question his abilities in the Hyuuga style of techniques.

“You are correct I am afraid, I never knew my true family.” He said, his disappointment in that fact palpable in his voice.“But I assure you, my knowledge of the Hyuuga style is extensive, and my performance quite competent.” He undersold himself slightly. In reality he was a genius when it came to the Hyuuga taijutsu, having mastered them quickly and easily from a young age. But even to this day he continues to hone his technique, always trying to make his technique faster, more precise, more lethal.

“I have mastered numerous techniques, but not all of them. Although Kaiten is arguably my most complete technique.” He mused, not wanting to lie. He had mastered the rotation before any other technique, having found expelling chakra from his tenketsu second nature. He even created his own jutsu off of the fundamentals of the heavenly spin.

“I am curious though, why do you question my competence in the arts of the Hyuuga? Clearly we are a talented people, even those without proper guidance should be able to unlock the power of their holy blood with ease.” He began to preach. His knowledge and worshiping of his kekkei genkai never failed to rear its head when the subject of the Hyuuga came up, this was no exception. He believed in the pure and unsurpassable power of the Hyuuga’s kekkei genkai and its people, the once famous Hyuuga Clan.

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 am

Adashino's observance of the two communicating with one another only continued to prove his comparison. They were very much alike in their mannerisms and how they spoke, although there were some distinct differences. Knowing his own father, there was most likely quite a bit of extrospection going on. Whether or not it would create an unreasonably uncomfortable situation would be left up to the time they spent together now, however. With Adashino's part seemingly done in this chapter of the conversation, his thoughts began to wander off in directions innumerable. Where his mind would go, only he would know now. The words that left the fellow Hyuuga's lips seemed to sift away into a haze.

“You are correct I am afraid, I never knew my true family.” Hattori could almost see the emotional response from this, as though it were an existing being. The body language was emitting one too many signals, but Hattori's attention now was on speech. The Hyuuga continued for a few good lines, and all that Hattori could do now was listen. "But I assure you, my knowledge of the Hyuuga style is extensive, and my performance quite competent.” Hattori drew his thumb and index finger up to the bridge of his nose, holding it for a moment as he glanced down at the mans feet. After a brief thought, his fingers dropped back to his side and his vision returned to make steady eye contact.

He's either a fake or lying about his ability. I'd say both, but that'd be giving him too much credit. But, as Hattori was making this observation, he could feel a slight sense of arrogance coming from the Hyuuga. This caused Hattori to start analysing his appearance along with his words, as he had yet to pay attention to what the man was wearing since he arrived. At least, in a detail that would be considered more important than a passing glance. The words flowed on and it seemed his self-opinion grew ever more with each compliment. “I have mastered numerous techniques, but not all of them. Although Kaiten is arguably my most complete technique.” Not only was he content with his abilities, he seemed to be amused by them.

There always was the saying that you should laugh at your own jokes in awkward situations, but it's a different story when discussing your techniques. It seemed though, that the question had finally arisen. Something that really should have been asked first before going on a gloating run, but who was Hattori to interrupt? It's useless to stop self-incrimination. “I am curious though, why do you question my competence in the arts of the Hyuuga? Clearly we are a talented people, even those without proper guidance should be able to unlock the power of their holy blood with ease.”

Hattori's expression was blank for a moment, as though it was about to change to something else. A secret slot machine within his mind, rolling for the proper adjustment for his face. But it seemed to have not changed, and Hattori instead answered the question rather blankly. A parent answering the question of a reprimanded child. "You didn't really look the part. I've seen a lot of people, and you didn't quite strike me as the talented taijutsu master wielding our 'holy' white eyes. Speaking of abominable appearances, where is my son?"

His question was answered nearly immediately as Adashino moved with speed to the surface of a nearby mushroom cap. Spores drifted off into the wet breezes of this fungal undercroft as the mushroom slowly wobbled in response to Adashino's landing. Adashino seemed excited with his entrance, but before either of the men could have questioned what he was suddenly moving away from, a displeased grunt sounded from the shadows of the mushrooms. With a grand approach that was less than gallant, the beast entered. Massive pincers and a thick, insectoid exoskeleton mashed their way into the group.

If anything should have been expected in the mushroom forest, it was what would have dwelled there, feeding on the massive stalks. The ants that devoured the forest one fungus at a time had found the new course on the banquet table, and that course was man. From down below, the researcher would become paralyzed with fear, mumbling slightly. - Adashino bore his usual cocky smile as he jumped from above, soaring towards the ground with both his sickles drawn, and performed a small spin, which as he came towards the ground would cleanly cut the heads off of two of the massive insects, causing them to collapse in the soil, a thin white ooze dripping from the lacerated opening. "[color=#10a864]See, and you find yourself far superior. - You couldn't even protect this feline-of a man. Let's see your rotation match my Lacerating Spin!" From behind, numerous ants would begin to pour from the surrounding area, crawling to the large fungal roofs above them, and almost completely surrounding the group.
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 am

Takeshi’s opinion for the elder man seemed to plummet with his single statement. He didn’t look the part? Ridiculous. If anything he was the epitome of how a true Hyuuga should appear. From the glorious robes, to the long hair, he was what a traditional Hyuuga should strive to look like.

Uncultured fool! How dare you question my divinity?

Takeshi thought, his white eyes turning to a glare at the old man. The researcher, noticing the foul look, tried to make himself appear small, fearing these monstrosities known as the Hyuuga. It was a group of those whose very presence made many uncomfortable. Their white eyes ever-vigilant, their nobility and very presence often-times unnerving to many of those with lesser self-esteem, this wimpy researcher was nothing to him.

“Elegance is a trait which cannot be overstated when it comes to the Jūkenpō. Those who believe that the power behind taijutsu lies in large muscles or intimidating appearance are fools.” He said, purposely avoiding lashing out at the man in an attempt to save-face. It was clear who was correct in this situation, It was him. The moment he finished his sentence the monstrous creature appeared from the mushrooms, on the tail of the Hyuuga son.

They’re… everywhere. Takeshi thought, his white eyes scanning the area, all around them they were surrounded. The massive insects were on all sides, even above and below. Some of the monstrosities were burrowing beneath the group of 4. Hattori latched onto the petrified researcher and leapt away from the insect that crashed into the group, if just to escape their clutches for the moment.

Takeshi held his ground, his Jūken perfect. With his right palm held out in front of him he awaited for the perfect moment to strike the ant. Right when he was about to strike, the great beast’s head fell to the ground in front of him as a great wind swept over him. The ant’s body fell in front of him, oozing a sickly liquid, the head lying next to it. His eye spotted a second ant in the same condition a few feet away.

“See, and you find yourself far superior. - You couldn't even protect this feline-of a man. Let's see your rotation match my Lacerating Spin!" Adashino taunted, clearly directed at Takeshi.

It seems that he took offense to my mastery of the Kaiten. He thought to himself, remembering how the elder had mentioned Adashino's difficulties when mastering the technique.

Still, what an interesting technique.

It seemed to be his own variation of the heavenly spin using his weapons to increase its damage potential at the expense of its defensive capabilities. If anything this ninja seemed to be resourceful, his inability to master the technique didn’t stop him from adapting it to fit his talents. Of course, it was nothing compared to his own technique. But Takeshi couldn’t help but respecting his resourcefulness and versatility.

But he couldn't dawdle. The situation was dire, the only possible escape route was at 8 o’ clock from his current position, and everywhere else those insects were emerging. By now they were burrowing from the ground and falling from the sky. The situation was dire enough with the man-sized ants emerging from every nook and cranny, but it seemed the ground was littered with normal sized ones as well, although they weren’t near the threat at the large ones. The scene was like something out a nightmare. It was clear to see why this researcher needed the protection of a shinobi with the skill level of a Hyuuga.

Takeshi quickly grabbed the bow off of his back and an arrow from his quiver. He took a swift turn to his left and shot a large ant that seemed to leap off of one of the massive mushrooms towards him. The arrow pierced the abdomen of the creature, letting down a rain of white liquid just in front of Takeshi.

Behind!

He thought to himself as he pivoted once again, this time a full 90 degrees to pierce yet another ant with a shot to the head, this time it was just a few meters from him. They were closing fast from all directions. If they didn’t get out of here soon they would be surrounded.

This is bad, my techniques are designed to fight other shinobi, not these mindless beats! Especially so many of them.

“Below!” He stated under his breath as he leapt from the ground, the jaws of yet another giant ant closing on the spot where he just stood. In mid air he gracefully adjusted his body moving into a flip as he readied yet another arrow. Leaning his body all the way back, almost in a semicircle shape, he launched the arrow from mid-air, mid-flip, the arrow crashing into the ant’s jaw in spectacular fashion.

“That’s three.” Takeshi announced to nobody in particular, keeping count of the fell beasts that he sent into the afterlife. He landed silently, his eyes still scanning the battleground. The infestation just seemed to be getting worse, with each monster that was downed another dozen appeared it seemed. Drawing yet another arrow as more ants approached him, he readied himself for round 2 of the assault.

Wait for it… now!

He struck swiftly. His arrow at-the-ready he quickly changed course, instead plunging it forward like a knife, into the exoskeleton of the first ant to reach him. The body slumped to the side and he drew the arrow back and launched it into the next ant directly behind the first.

“Five.”

Just over the dead bodies of the massive insects he saw Hattori and the researcher, still avoiding the massive insects, it was clear that the elder Hyuuga was burdened with his mission, having to protect the defenseless citizen. Focusing chakra into his feet Takeshi dashed towards the duo, appearing at their side in a single swift movement. He unequipped his bow, putting it back onto his back with care, more monsters approaching. With his enemies this close, The bow was too slow of a weapon at this point. It was time to unleash his favorite type of fighting style.

“Now it is time for you to witness my Jūkenpō. Elder.” He said with confidence as he fell into his stance. His eyes still fixed on the only escape route from this colony of ants.

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Übermensch on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:19 pm

"See, and you find yourself far superior. - You couldn't even protect this feline-of a man. Let's see your rotation match my Lacerating Spin!" As he called out tauntingly towards his father, numerous ants would begin to pour from the surrounding areas. The large white stalks of the mushrooms would become dotted with the hardened red tone of the ascending ants. The once placid jungle now roared with the chatter of pinsirs, and grass being crushed beneath their feet. Though the elder Hyuuga was highly surprised, he could only force his face to show the angry, disapproving scowl that he had grown accustomed to.

To his side, the second Hyuuga would dismantle his bow from behind himself, quickly withdrawing an arrow as he readied to fire. Adashino couldn't help but feel an overwhelming need to take over for both of them, and kill everything he could. With sickles in hand, he would rush past both of them, letting out an antagonizing cry as he drove one of his sickles into the skull of a nearby ant. The ants skull would let out a queer puckering noise, as white ooze drained from it's body, having no other choice as the ant thrashed it's head about, Adashino released his prized sickle and ducked down, nearly missing the spiked force of the pinsir. "Now for the kill." He would mutter, giving a quick flip of his kama, and then slashing it acorss the bottom of the beast.

A clear ooze would once again drip from the beast, pouring over Adashino as he rolled to the side, barely passing by the hairy arm of the beam. - With a single sickle in hand, he would leap onto the ant, and then run in the direction that was behind it, his Byakugan now deactivated for an unknown reason. With every step, his body seemed to shorten, the soil becoming much less compacted in the area, and forcing him to resort to the basic water-walking skill, inwhich he would direct chakra through the soles of his feet to keep on the surface. - In the direction Adashino was headed, a loud buzzing noise could be heard. The noise seemed to have a tick to it, instead of a pattern, as if a creature was angrily batting it's wings instead of flying.
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

The situation was somewhat dire. Although, the outcome was clear to Takeshi. With the combined strength of 3 Hyuuga it was impossible for the trio to fall to such inferior life forms. The veins that sprouted from Takeshi’s eyes seemed to work with the young nobleman’s face, making him not appear frightening, but somewhat majestic as he stood in his taijutsu stance, his hair and robes still in perfect alignment despite his recent acrobatic display.

From Takeshi’s perspective, the world was perfectly clear, the shades of gray revealing everything to him. His almighty gaze watched over Adashino with utmost interest as he dashed even deeper into the mushroom forest. He danced around the ant’s pincers and legs, slicing their bodies with ferocity. Gliding accross the what seemed to be, muddy surface. But something wasn’t right.

That fool! Why isn’t he using his eyes?

It was bad enough that Adashino preferred uncivilized melee weapons to his greatest advantage, Jūken, but it was sheer madness to charge into battle without the knowledge and perceptive ability granted by the Byakugan. However, Takeshi’s attention was quickly divided because of the incoming ants. He counted dozens approaching right in front of him, and even more falling from the tops of the mushrooms. If it wasn’t for his eyes, the darkness would mean the situation would be even worse than it seemed.

Hattori and the researched slowly backpedaled until theywere against a couple of large boulders. At least it was a somewhat defensible position for the elder Hyuuga as he knocked back a couple of ants from the terrified researcher. The old made could only keep up for so long though. Takeshi needed to draw the attention away from the vulnerable pair, and fast. His right arm still holding his palm out in front of his body, he fished into his back pocket with his left hand. This would get their attention.

Launching himself forward, he ran into the thick of the ants, weaving around the massive insects, his left hand clenching a single kunai that he drew from his back pocket. Once he seemed to be in the center of the insects he came to a sudden stop, quickly transferring the ninja dagger into his right hand. Takeshi swung the kunai away from his body and slicing an ant just enough to make it back off. He contorted his body again, taking a single large step to his right and bringing his arm in front of his body executing a fierce diagonal slash across another ant, putting his entire weight into the strike so he was bent over. He rose from his bent position in a single exaggerated movement by launching the kunai high into the air, his right hand extended high above his head like the statue of liberty. The kunai flew high into the air, a distinct white color visibly wrapped around it.

Takeshi remained frozen like a statue, his right arm still extended above his head. His left hand was in the shape of the snake seal, eyes closed. The kunai turned, having reached its maximum height, and then plummeted to the earth, the point traced on the top of Takeshi’s head. The ants continued to close in on the Hyuuga, many of them within a foot when Takeshi opened his eyes, the cracked pupils clear as day, the veins bulging. The kunai was but a foot above his head.

“Kai!”

A large explosion rocked the earth, the blast sending a large amount of smoke and dust into the air. Many of the nearby ants were sent flying, a majority of them consumed with flames. The ants elsewhere seemed distracted, many turning to face the explosion. As the dust cleared an unscathed Takeshi stood, his arm still extended in the air, his eyes as strong as ever.

“That” technique.

He thought with a smirk as he lowered his right arm into the proper position for Jūkenpo. All around him the ants came scurrying, drawn to the noise and the man who had killed many of their kind. His plan had worked, his objective now was clear. Using his Byakugan he danced around the ants as they gathered around him, skillfully weaving in between their pincers, if only by millimeters in some cases. He refused to leave his position. They were, quite literally, bugs in a trap. By now there were dozens of the ants within two meters of Takeshi, his room to dodge was nearly gone. But, they were in range.

An ant’s pincer clamped down on Takeshi’s arm, or, it almost did. The powerful jaws were stopped an inch away from his skin by a small layer of chakra. Quickly that layer thickened, and Takeshi began to twist his body. The torrent of chakra became a vortex, much like a powerful twister. It ripped apart the nearby insects into shreds, a great white color emitted from the storm which Takeshi had unleashed. The ants were flung backwards, many resembling but a torn apart piece of paper.

He slowed to a perfect, graceful stop, his robes and hair still remaining in place. His eyes observed the surroundings. He was the central point of a 4 meter wide crater, with a littered landscape of ants all around. This was his heavenly rotation.

He had lost count how many he had downed by himself. The crowd of insects was quite thin by now. But a strange sound emerged from the depths of the mushroom forest. This wasn't over yet, was it?

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Adashino

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Adashino had disappeared deep into the woods, lost in the loam as he hunted the origin of the buzzing noise; deeper into the forest, Adashino would come to a massive Ant, far larger than the ones that had been attacking. This ant had long wings which stretched roughly 10 meters long, and were a brilliant green shade. - Surrounding this colossal beast were many more ants, which would likely attack on site. - Not wanting his newly found brethren to enter the mess, Adashino would yell back "It's just one ant! I can take it, get back to Kitai with father!"
Back to top Go down
Übermensch

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Takeshi was still tense as he leapt back a few times, landing next to his elder and the researcher, who seemed to be in the process of simultaneously hiding his face and covering his eyes. Upon further examination of the situation it seemed that the large ants had all but disappeared. The few that survived Takeshi’s assault scurrying into the depths of the forest. Odd behavior, just a second ago they seemed intent on feasting, no matter how many of them struck down. He dropped his arms to his sides, no longer feeling the pressure of an immediate attack. But something was still wrong.

“That noise, where is Adashino?”

Suddenly he heard the outcry of his Hyuuga counterpart, his shout just barely audible over the increasing buzzing sound that filled the trees. Wherever they were, they were just outside of the range of his Byakugan. The thought had crossed his mind before though, running away. The mission was more important than any single life in theory, but he couldn’t just abandon the first Hyuuga he had ever met. His eyes narrowed, the veins becoming even more pronounced along their outer rims. The cracks around the pupil seemed to expand. He was going to go after him.

In a flash the situation completely changed. Hattori launching himself into the forest with a grace that Takeshi thought unattainable. The old man’s long hair was flowing behind him, his robes rippling in the breeze as he flew through the air. Takeshi watched, his eyes now wide, it was as if the old man was moving in slow motion to him, a clip that would be etched into his mind for eternity. The unforgettable site left him with only one choice. It was clear, the message crystal despite the absence of words. He was to finish this mission, this nuclear family, no matter how broken, still carried a bond that was stronger than any order.

He grabbed the cowering researcher and draped his arm over his own shoulder, taking a final glance into the woods at the old man whose name he never learned. He may have been a noble Hyuuga, but he was also a shinobi, a father. With that Takeshi launched himself into the air, landing on the roof of one of the mushrooms before vanishing a hundred meters away. From there he jumped tree to tree back to the city of Kitai. The fate of his newly found family unknown.

[Exit]

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loam of Entwining Mushrooms   

Back to top Go down

Loam of Entwining Mushrooms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1