HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nomi
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 am

Name: Metapack
Appearance: 'Metapack' is the uncreative and tragic name given to the metal backpack Vi tends to wear whenever she needs to carry things. Given the lack of pockets or shinobi pouches, Vi can put everything she needs to in this pack. It can be differentiated from a normal backpack by the substitution of fabric with metal, as well as the rigid polygonal shape it has. Also, rather than a zipper, instead a panel with a keylock is used to really keep things safe. Going along with the overall theme of Vi's outfit, the metapack is painted with metallic teal and dark blue, with details of gold and silver. Also to note is that this is a particularly small backpack that does not go below the small of her back and is made of thin metals, so that it doesn't hinder flexibility excessively or become too encumbering in weight that it is impractical, yet it still does lessen her maneuverability as a whole in small ways.
Range: N/A
Descriptions: The small backpack is almost like a portable lightweight safe, that forsakes the thick metal because Vi, the wearer, feels she is secure enough. It comes with a lock and key as the only way to put stuff in or take stuff out besides breaking it. Also, because of the metal used, it does add increased protection to the woman's back.
Origin: Vi's metapack came more out of necessity than it did a passion, as a direct counterpart to the suit she wears. At first she flew without the ability to really carry anything on her without using her hands, but as time passed she quickly realized how stupid that was. The metapack was created by the woman herself using her prodigious skill in crafting.

Last edited by Nomi on Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 pm

If the pack can be used as an armor, then it must weigh something. Even if you strap a metal lockbox to your back (Ones kept in bank vaults and as such require only thin metal sidings) they are heavy. In addition to your character's gloves, your speed would be rather diminished with this object on your back. Being inflexible and rather clunky also limits your ability on things like forward rolls or rolls of any kind really. So remove the section about not encumbering your weight or flexibility and I think I can approve of this.
Back to top Go down
Nomi
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm

It is not true armor, and I specifically stated it was lightweight, implying thin metal. it is defensible only by merit of it's material, not because it was made for that. Also note that the backpack is meant to be small (doesn't go below the small of Vi's back), so it doesn't hinder rolls as much as you may think. It still adds weight, but it's no where near at the level her armor or gauntlets would.

This has been illustrated in the description.

Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Thu May 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Have you ever tied a box to your back and tried a roll? Start with a backpack.
Back to top Go down
Nomi
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Thu May 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Good that it's not a box then. Anyways, I did mention it will lessen her maneuverability in small ways, with will in general cover most things with the help of logic. I don't see Vi really doing rolls anyways.

Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   Thu May 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Approved for purchase or training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]   

Back to top Go down

Really Cool Stuff [Part 2]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top