HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. © All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 pm

The day had been raining almost all day in the form of a near constant drizzle without a true downpour. The sun was out, the cold winds of a fading winter were blowing and the rain seemed to just be dripping from the sky. That was how the treasure hunter Mouse ended up in the cozy dining area of the Soba Social café. Walking in from the rain and shaking off his soaked hood to enjoy the warm interior, Muad’Dib smiled as he laid eyes on one of his favorite establishments to visit when he was within city limits.

Soba Social was a tiny shop in a strip of tiny shops all looking to intrigue customers with people shouting at the door and handing out fliers. Soba Social was a small soba noodle shop placed between a fish market stall and a building that sold artwork related to the beach, its warm yellow lights pouring from the always open front door from ten in the morning until midnight every day of the week. The interior had a hardwood floor with stools around a bamboo counter with a red countertop. Each of the stools seemed to be made of drift wood but were incredibly sturdy no matter how twisted the legs seemed to be. Behind the counter was Old Thomas, though no one knew exactly how old Thomas really was, who cooked his noodles and the dishes they went into daily while his wife served drinks and some of the finest Sake in the city.

Mouse grabbed a seat at the end of the counter and produced a small notebook of expenses and profits to place on the counter while he ordered his usual. Kake Soba was almost always served with a warm broth and slices of scallion and a moderate slice of kamaboko, a type of fish cake. As Shinka, Thomas’ wife, scurried to retrieve a small cup for his tea and to place his order to Old Thomas’ ear; Muad’Dib was busy doing the math that came with a job like treasure hunting. He had scheduled a meeting with a local merchant about sponsoring an adventure but any hopes of travel came with its own complications. Wagons, potential mounts, the transport and evaluation of loot from the ruins he planned to delve into back into the city. It was a lot to consider and no matter how he worked the math he simply knew that eventually he would have to hire some help to assist him in his ventures if only as some extra muscle. But muscle did not always come cheaply.

A deep sigh escaped the boy as he licked the tip of his pencil and begun the math again in hopes of finding a way out of the impassable problem. So focused on his ledger and the soon to come meal, the world seemed to fade around him as time ticked by and Mouse practically ignored any of the other customers to the Social Soba. Part of the name was due to the intimate nature of the counter-only establishment that led to people bumping elbows and starting conversation. It did not take long until, picking a few noodles up with his chopsticks while peeking at his ledger, Mouse did just that and felt his elbow bump into someone else’s. Finally looking up from his work, he put his free hand nervously behind the back of his head.

”Sorry about that, guess I wasn’t paying too much attention to the people around me. Again, my apologies.”
Back to top Go down
Bull307

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Thu May 02, 2013 11:38 pm

The Donburi district was bustling with people, as it always was, but even the rain couldn’t fight off the large crowds of people swinging in and out of shops like a pendulum. Blake found himself wandering through the district in hopes of finding that the plan that he had put together earlier had come to fruition, and so far it looked promising. The night prior, Blake had placed many small origami flowers made up of flyers promoting the secret organization he had joined. As far as Blake could tell, all of the flowers had been plucked from the ground, and hopefully they were indulging the picker’s senses. Blake smirked. He could barely believe that no cops had picked up on the trail of petals Blake had left. Blake was so impressed with his own brilliance that he failed to notice that the small downpour had gotten slightly worse. Blake wasn’t exactly threatened by the rain, but its icy chill that stung upon contact was enough for Blake to jump into the closest open door.

As Blake entered what he assumed to be a small restaurant, the aroma of food filled his nostrils. He was overcome with the sudden urge to eat, possibly even eat an entire pig. Blake slightly licked his lips and made his way to the counter. Blake chose to sit in a seat far away from a large group, but in doing so he ended up sitting next to another person. Blake wasn’t too worried about the person he was sitting next to, because he seemed that he was entranced by the book he was filling in. Blake wondered if there was anything that could sedate his own thoughts, but nothing came to mind. A woman asked Blake what he would like the second he sat down. Blake thought for a moment, but even still, he wasn’t quite sure what the establishment offered. He had overlooked the name on the building.

“Can you get me something with meat?”

The woman nodded her head, and dragged her feet over to a man, who Blake assumed was her husband, and whispered the order into his ear. Blake sighed and looked back at the boy filling out the book. Blake wished that he had something to distract him from the ever settling bored that seemed to hover over his life like a cloud following him through every turn. Blake wished he had some notebook to fill out, but right now he had no notebook and he had no excitement. Blake sat his head face down on the counter and waited for nothing in particular.

Blake heard the noise of china being placed on the counter, and when he looked up he was greeted to the soothing heat of a steamy cup of tea. Blake took up the glass in one hand and slowly downed the warm liquid. It seemed to boil inside of his throat, but the pain quickly spread into warmth through his body. Any remnants of the cold rain had been evaporated away by the tea. Blake set the cup back down, and as he did a man put a bowl of pork, beef, and noodles in front of him. Blake could feel the saliva wetting his tongue. Blake’s mouth dropped open, and he made quick work of the bowl of meat and noodles. The man brought out another bowl, but this one had meat stacked higher than the sides. It took Blake only four minutes to finish that bowl off as well. It was on the sixth bowl that Blake’s arms reached just past their allowed space. Blake bumped the arm of the boy who was sitting next to him.

”Sorry about that, guess I wasn’t paying too much attention to the people around me. Again, my apologies,” said the boy as his hand moved to the back of his neck.

Blake finished the bowl and looked at the boy with a dumbstruck look on his face. He couldn’t help, but notice that the boy had apologized for something that was clearly Blake’s own fault. Blake placed the empty bowl on the stack that was accompanied by five others. Blake slammed his chopsticks to the table and stood up. He moved his fists to the side of his body and looked at the boy. Blake then bowed.

“I’m sorry… It was actually my fault. There is no need to blame yourself,”
Blake said, and then he raised his head and returned to his seat.

Blake Hale
Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Fri May 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Mouse could not help but blink in confusion as the boy slammed down his chopsticks and scooted out from the countertop rather rapidly. Half expecting a confrontation with this stranger, the sand in his backpack stirred and he could feel it start to churn as he kept his eyes on Blake. Suddenly the stiff actions became a formal bow and finally explained his actions with a brief but satisfactory and in fact superfluous apology.

“I’m sorry… It was actually my fault. There is no need to blame yourself,”

"Hey now, no need for all of that. It was just a simple mistake on my part, not a big issue or something. I was caught up trying to figure out my budgets and just did not see you is all. My name is Muad'Dib Sunata, a pleasure to meet you."

The sand on his back settled, having risen so far from his bag to start creeping up the back of his neck in an attempt to begin his Sand Armor technique. The weight settled and the sand replaced itself into his backpack. Life as an unafilliated shinobi was dangerous on the streets of Kitai with plenty more organized sects waiting to quickly outnumber a fellow shinobi who was taking their contract. Mouse let out a sigh turning back to his food and stirring the noodles some as he thought it over.

"Hey," Muad'Dib said as he nudged the guy beside him with an elbow and an idea "Know where any free lance shinobi might be for hire? I know they can be a tad difficult to find in Kitai... But if you have any idea I might be willing to buy your meal for you."

It was a stupid idea, but a troupe of shinobi searching the wilds high and low might just be the thing he needed. He could hire independents on the cheap due to their normal sense of survival and that chance was greater in greater numbers. It gave him muscle, protection from the clan shinobi and a troupe with which to go traipsing through the wilderness in hopes of finding the motherload. Personally Mouse could taste the lobster already.
Back to top Go down
Zweihander

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 pm

”Well… this is Kitai…”.

Mikael looked up at the overcast sky, droplets of rain leaving residue on his glasses. Sighing, he walked to the side of the busy roadway, away from the press of shoppers, and took the offending glasses off. Secreting them in a pouch on his side, he adjusted the leather bag resting on his back and returned to the fray once more. With the glasses off his face, Mikael knew his long distance vision would be a bit blurry; not too bad, but a little inaccurate for details.

His bulky armour seemed to make a small circle of space around him, the imposing metal suit dissuading all but the most distracted passerby from drawing near the drifter. Mikael glanced to the side, aware of a gurgling emanating from his gut.

“Hmm… I think a meal may be in order. But where to go?” he wondered aloud. The famished man looked around. “Pawn shop… bookstore… a bazaar for useless junk… a-ha!” He smiled at the sight of a nearby restaurant.“Soba Social… sounds cheery.” Clinking in his armour, he swiftly turned and approached the building.

Almost reaching the door, his attention was grabbed by someone tugging on his wolfskin kilt. With a curious expression, Mikael turned his brown haired, pale-skinned face to see who was trying to get his attention. Glancing down, Mikael gace a reassuring smile at the site of a small girl tugging at his kilt.

“Mister… do you have any food?” the small local girl asked pitifully. About to shake his head no, Mikael paused.

“Well… not on me, but I was about to eat here. I can order you some noodles, if you’d like that.” Smiling, he tilted his head and closed his eyes. Motioning for her to follow him in, Mikael opened the door to let her and a couple more restaurant-goers in before following suit.

Looking around the restaurant, he nodded in appreciation of the warm atmosphere, and took his glasses out of his pouch. Placing them on their usual rest, he gave a smile and zeroed in on a seat at the bar. Seating himself on the driftwood stool, he ordered two large bowls of soba. Watching the girl fidget beside him, he tapped his foot while he waited, and took in the local “ambience”. An argument about the price of fish behind him; a couple planning to escape the city to the left; and to the far right, at the end of the counter, a ruckus occurred. Flashing his eyes in that direction, he watched the two people, around his age, talk. The muddy-brown haired diner stood up after several words were spoken, and bowed to the white haired urchin, with a shepard’s crook on his back and books on the table. Straining to listen in on their conversation, Mikael managed to make out a sentence.

“…know where any free lance shinobi might be for hire?”

Furrowing his brow, Mikael looked at his noodles thoughtfully. The girl had grabbed her bowl and ran; it was of little consequence. However… if this young diner was looking for shinobi… Mikael might just have to wait and see what else these two say.

Richter, Mikael

Richter's Theme Song

Last edited by Zweihander on Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bull307

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 am

"Know where any free lance shinobi might be for hire? I know they can be a tad difficult to find in Kitai... But if you have any idea I might be willing to buy your meal for you."

Blake tried for a moment to recall anyone he knew that was taking freelance missions. Ultimately he could think of no shinobi. Blake scratched his neck then looked back at the boy who had just asked. Before speaking an idea struck Blake. He didn’t really need the money, but he was willing to help the boy.

“I don’t know anyone who is taking jobs, but I would be willing to take the offer,” Blake replied confidently. “I don’t think I would be the greatest help, so I won’t ask much… Maybe 50 ryo if that is okay with you? I can also look for others, but I am willing to bet that they would want more than I do.”

Blake trying to judge the kids face stared at him. Blake had never done freelance work, and he didn’t really even know what he was getting himself into, but he didn’t care. This could be his chance to finally do something exciting, instead of being bored all the time. No one quite knew bored like Blake. He once tried to take a man’s bag just to excite himself. Of course, he gave it back to him after explaining the situation and even offered to carry it for him.

Blake’s worries of the mission began to present themselves, so Blake felt the need to know exactly what he had agreed to. “So, what will I be doing in this job?” It was simple enough, but it got his meaning across. Blake thought of all the possibilities. He imagined himself in chainmail with an iron broadsword. As he began to work on yet another bowl of meat, Blake could feel the fiery breath of a dragon on his neck. Blake spun around in his chainmail and deflected the dragon’s inferno with a large sword emblazed with a bull and rooster. Blake sighed, as he quickly smited the dragon and made its scales into armor and its bones into swords.

That was unlikely, and by unlikely he meant utterly impossible. He didn’t even know if dragons existed in this world. He had never been outside of Kitai, and no dragon as ever attacked the city. Blake looked at the ground. Most likely he would just be hauling equipment around or something along those lines. That was okay too, but it wasn’t much compared to vanquishing a dragon. Blake tuned into the boy listening for his description of the event.

Blake Hale

Last edited by Bull307 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't put cock apparently, so I put rooster.)
Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 am

“I don’t know anyone who is taking jobs, but I
would be willing to take the offer,” Blake replied confidently. “I don’t think
I would be the greatest help, so I won’t ask much… Maybe 50 ryo if that is okay
with you? I can also look for others, but I am willing to bet that they would
want more than I do.”

That sort of news almost made Mouse almost ecstatic,
noticing the price was far below what he was going to offer any other free
lance shinobi for some work. He noticed another newcomer coming into the
restaurant but shrugged it off as normal business as he refocused on the person
in front of him. Suddenly now Muad’Dib had someone to pay and someone to travel
with and a whole new problem to deal with. Finding a job that would both pay
for their travels into the wilds and give them the necessary financial
breathing room to find themselves rolling in the potential profits suddenly
became a very high priority and the Sunata boy could not bring to mind too many
people who could afford such travels at the moment within the city.

“So, what will I be doing in this job?”
Which was a fair question for any person to ask their new employer, after all
not everything was worth such a paltry sum of money these days in the city so
what choice did Muad’Dib have but to tell the boy the truth of the matter?

”Well firstly we must find ourselves a patron
willing to pay for the necessary materials to travel a great distance and then
we’ll be exploring the ruins of the old Shinobi Villages. I suspect there is a
great amount of forgotten treasure there in several forms be them information
or antiquities. Specifically I need a hand or two to help in the travels and
exploration. Some people to watch each other’s back and assist in the discovery
and recovery of ancient artifacts. Specifically art, ninjutsu scrolls, and
weaponry from times long past. Not many people travel out in those directions
so I figure if we could dig up and find some of this stuff… we could make a
fortune.”

There it was, all in the open. While some people seemed
interested in the idea that Muad’Dib presented as a treasure hunter they also
knew that travelling outside the city was an invite to trouble in the form of
bandits and wild animal attacks. The tribes of the wilds were savages compared
to those in the city and as such it was a trek that not many would volunteer
for. With great risk came the potential of great reward but they all knew a boy
the Sunata’s age could not promise any reward for the risks those who travelled
with him would face. A shame, else his idea might carry more popularity amongst
the civilian population and he would not have to hire shinobi for a task that
was most likely beneath their skill levels.

”So are you still interested? I’d understand if
you said no, being as though I can pay you now for future services I can’t guarantee
your safety nor future profit beyond some money from my own pocket.”
Back to top Go down
Zweihander

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 pm

The armoured shinobi looked to his side, listening in to the two ninja his age. ”Hmmm… money, and some adventure sounds good. Wonder what my cut will be if I make myself known.” Mikael thought pensively. He barely noticed the noodles put in front of him, but otice them he did. Raising his head with a smile, the spectacled man gave a nod in thanks, as well as several Ryo. “Hope that covers it.”

Paying attention now, he focused on the two while he ate. Maybe they had an excellent opportunity for a shinobi his level… it was always good to get low-rank jobs, after all.

Richter, Mikael

Richter's Theme Song
Back to top Go down
Bull307

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Thu May 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Blake thought about the job for a second, but after realizing his schedule was completely devoid of excitement, Blake made his mind. Besides his completely open schedule, Blake had also heard rumors that the organization he had recently joined was picking up attention. Blake felt that now would be the best time to get away from Kitai and the bloodthirsty government that controlled. Blake smirked and turned to the boy.

“Of course I’m still interested, in fact it’s perfect. I’ve always wanted to visit the old shinobi world, well, at least since my father told me about my ancestors.”

Blake thought thoroughly about the prospect of returning to his family’s homeland, and discovering exactly if his father’s tales were true. Although the place Blake would like to visit was quite obscure. Kusagakure wasn’t known to be a goldmine for economic endeavors, but even if the mission didn’t him directly there, he would probably end up sneaking off just to visit. Blake wondered what the reaction to that would, but dismissed it as menial. You can’t stop a man from visiting his homeland, Blake thought to himself. After the thoughts began to dwindle to simple worries, Blake stuck out his hand to the boy. Blake expected a firm shake, but maybe the boy would take back his offer. Blake had no way of knowing.

“I’m Blake Hale, by the way, and you can count on me to help with this journey.”

Blake Hale
Back to top Go down
Living Saint Bayul
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Lips split into a smile that Muad’Dib simply could not keep back. The male in front of him was ready to work for so cheap and at the drop of a hat. Surely the pair could somehow find a sponsor for the planned trip and get out of town for a couple months only to return with a good haul worth a fortune. The extension of a partially gloved hand ensured the agreement between the pair as their fingers entwined in a firm grip.

”Nice to meet you Blake Hale, I hope this becomes a beneficial partnership. I’ll need a couple days to put together the proper resources so that we can get out of the city. The goal destination at the moment is either Kumogakure or Konohagakure in order to delve the ruins and find some antiquities. If those plans change but expect a message in the next few days and we will meet at the city limit before setting out. Sound good?”

Mouse released the grip and took a step back with a respectful nod. He tugged his ledger off of the counter top and tucked it away into his shirt before offering an off handed salute to Blake Hale. With a partner ready to go his time table had suddenly been moved up quite a good deal. He had to find a sponsor to front him the Ryo to leave the city before his partner got impatient and cut out on him. Passing casually by the man listening to their conversation with no idea that Mikael had listened to the entire exchange and now knew the plan whether Muad’Dib had intended to him or otherwise.

The chill of the rain sent a shiver down his spine and threatened to wash the red paint over his eyes from his face with the steady downpour. Taking a moment to inhale the chilled and wet air, he began down the street with his thumbs tucked into straps of his backpack. The sky was dark and the night was young and the mind of the Sunahama boy was whirring with ways to pick up the cash to get out of the city and out to where the real treasure was.
Back to top Go down
Judai
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   Sun May 19, 2013 12:39 am

It was relatively late in the evening in the Donuri District -- Disregarding the trend of criminal activity in the area, it was a great place to go out and enjoy the night. Judai Yamazaki, a hard working Jounin, was walking along in Seaside Heights; however, he could not quite enjoy his highly anticipated day off. Who would have thought that a trip to the beach would live up to an obnoxious semi-drizzle and sunny weather? His clothes were slightly damped, but it was okay. Unlike his battle attire, today he wore a casual red t-shirt and jeans to assure himself one hundred percent comfortability. And in all seriousness, It was not that bad of a day. There was no stress, no fighting, just a nice walk. It was an appropriate vacation to help him clear his mind.

With his hands in his pockets, he walked by and browsed each shop to see if there was anything interesting toward his taste: Clothes, food, antiques, ect -- However, there was nothing out there. His head was just clogged harder than a middle school toilet with thoughts about his scheduled meeting with the Uchiha. He just didn't know how he was going to prepare his statement for the next morning. "An alliance with the Uchiha... This will make it or break it for my plan," he thought to himself. But with a strong shake of his head, Judai decided to just forget about diplomacy, and enjoy the moment.

It slowly began to get darker. The light reflected off of Judai's heterochromic bright red and purple eyes. Something in the atmosphere changed, and the streetlights came on to reveal the dark concrete. There was a new smell, and it was much thicker than before. Alas, he was getting closer to that well-reviewed cafe. What an awesome scent to have in the background for a walk.

It was officially nighttime, Judai's favorite time. The ocean was black, and vibe outside was somewhat more energetic. Judai browsed the different stores that he walked by, but right next to the Soba Social Café, he came to a dead stop with a tall stance. A giant scream came flowing from out of the crowd, and loud shouts reverberated in the open air. "HEY WAIT- NO! STOP HIM! HEY SOMEBODY, STOP HIM!! THAT GUY STOLE MY WALLET!" Someone was yelling and begging for help. A young adult dressed in a dark and casual attire began jetting his way through the crowd with an intimidating sharp knife in his hand. The crowd of people panicked and ran away in all directions. The light shined off of the tiny blade that disrupted the peace, and now this man was running straight towards Judai's direction.

Judai stood still and calculated his timing with his hands in his pocket. The rain water ran off of his chin, the thief was getting closer, and now Judai did a 90 degree pivot on his foot to stand to the side as if he was letting the man go. Just as he planned, with one smooth motion, Judai extended his foot forward and tripped the thief without any effort. Both the knife and the wallet flew into the air and out of the crook's bare hands. As the thief lost his balance and began to slip on the rainy floor, Judai grabbed the back of this man's t-shirt collar. A loud gag erupted out of his throat from being choked by his own clothing, and with one solid motion, Judai threw the man forward like a catapult with the force of five grown men. The tossed thief slammed into the ground and slid like penguin, rolled multiple times, and cut off his momentum by landing on his back. With Judai's right hand, he caught the falling wallet like a pro and let the knife drop and cling on the ground. With his right foot, he kicked the knife out of the way and began to move forward.

The thief was panicking as he tried to get up, and the water toyed with his adrenaline by restricting him from finding his balance. Judai walked up to the man, and he pressed his chest with his muddy foot to hold him into place. At this point, the crowd calmed down and regrouped. Different people rushed out of the stores to see what had just occurred. Judai and the thief seemed to have drawn quite some attention. He looked down at the man; "Sorry about the toss. I just had this really cool idea in my head, and I really wanted to throw it out there." He said in a humorous tone. He scrutinized the thief and raised his eyes forward. The victim ran up to Judai and thanked him for retrieving his wallet. He was humble and happy to place it back into the original owner's hands. With the crowd of people now staring at the scene, Judai raised his hand. "No worries guys. Just a Jounin taking care of business." He said in order to comfort them.

Main Character: Judai Yamazaki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)   

Back to top Go down

Newbies and Noodles (Social Soba!!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1