HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
Naruto Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. All Rights Reserved.

Share | 

Personality Description help for Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tabuta Nakiure

PostSubject: Personality Description help for Application   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm

I m terrible at describing personalities i have my characters personality set and i can easily rp with it. but i cant get my character approved without describing it so i need an RP partner(s) to rp with me here. and after we finish describe the personality of my character it would help out alot. Thanks in advance
and my character app (or whats started of it) can be found here:
http://www.narutor.org/t29164-ryokou-ateara-updated-please-leave-comments-and-feedback#244759
Back to top Go down
Elendril
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
Iris
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:52 am

my character has a split personality so if you click on the name in my signature you can read mine and that should help you get a basis of how i did things. Along with my history.

Maruchi, Hikari

[00:20:42] @ Iris : SICK TO MY MOTHER FUCKING TUMMY BITCH MUST THINK IM A MUTHA FUCKING DUMMY BC I DRESS BUMMY BITCH THINK IM BROKE BITCH I ATE ONE ROACH AND I MADE A LOTTA MONEY
[00:20:52] Parasite : .
[00:21:01] @ Blaine : Quite
[00:21:05] * Blaine sips tea

[01:03:43] Iris joined the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
[01:03:46] @ Blaine : Like gayer than 8 guys fucking 9 guys
[01:03:49] Iris has logged off the chat on Sat 6 Jul - 1:03
Back to top Go down
Oahiz
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 am

So...I really don't think anyone is going to do this...but a trick I typically use when generating personalities is to do the history first. A person's personality is essentially an imprint left on them by their experiences in life. I'll give you some examples from people from the Canon.

Naruto is loud, obnoxious, attention seeking, but at the same time incredibly kind hearted, focused, and dedicated. Now, as you know, Naruto was ostracized from the village from a young age, hated, feared, etc etc and consequently ignored when at all possible. As such, he desperately needs attention, which leads him to be loud, desperately in need of the attention he was denied, and in general rather obnoxious. At the same time however, having spent so long without friends, without family, without anything to be proud in, has let him learn to be kind, to appreciate the friends he has, and has let him understand what it means to be useless so he has the drive to improve. Naruto's history shapes his personality rather directly and it applies to people in real life too. if you're having trouble writing your personality, go through your history and pick out things that are impactful on your character and then describe how their personality would shift because of it.

Back to top Go down
Dengen
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 am

WHY haven't we applied that "Emotion Guide" that Echo posted a link to, somehow into the Guidelines loll
Back to top Go down
Oahiz
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 am

Because Cyan wrote it a long time ago and it's effectively his property, even if it's kind of obvious. We can reference it for threads like this but actually using it as any official documentation without his permission isn't especially kosher.

Back to top Go down
Dengen
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 am

Well the question was a rhetorical question and it goes without saying that he posted that to "help" people in the site with the personality aspect. Permission Granted.

And it is Rhetorical because I know we are not going to make a whole section on the Guidelines for that page. But the idea stands to lead into putting in the main qualities listed near the personality section for the template and on the Guidelines. exp. (Mad, Sad, etc.) we dont need all that extra stuff.

GOD does everything have to be spelled out brother.
Back to top Go down
Oahiz
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:58 am

When everything and their dog lately has been screaming "plagiarism," yes, yes it does.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personality Description help for Application   

Back to top Go down

Personality Description help for Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1